Welcome


Thursday 18 February 2016

Tattoos ~

Hey Everybunny!
So I thought I'd have a little chat about something that's quiet important to me, in a sense, which you'll have already guessed from the title xD 
Right gonna jump straight in, in have 4 tattoos. Hirigana for rabbit (usagi) on my left hand, hirigana for wolf (ookami) on my right hand, an outline of a rabbit on then inside of my arm near the elbow crease and 'were all mad here' around my left wrist with the Cheshire cat smile from Alice madness returns. Pics below.


Pictures are of when the tattoos were freshly done


Now I have 2 more defiant plans for tattoos myself, the witcher symbols down the inside of my right arm and 2 traditional tattoo roses coming out a frame on my right shoulder, one red and one white. I LOVE small tattoos, like honestly theyre amazing so simple and cute and 90% of the time really meaningful. Ofc that being said big tattoos can be very meaningful too I'm just talking from experience :) for example my other halfs lower right arm is dedicated to someone :)
Let's discuss some meanings now then shall we.

The first tattoo I ever had was the rabbit outline. I thought about this tattoo for about 2 years, it was always on my mind I think outlines can be statements and you don't have to have a huge chunk of body covered to make a statement haha, although it's a VERY good ice breaker sometimes. I have been an animal lover since before I can remember (backed up by childhood photos and parents) I've had rabbits for a long time too. I now have 2 mini Rex girls and theyre beautiful <3 wolves and rabbits are my favourite animals and theyre the animals and animal meanings I feel I can relate with the most. The rabbit tattoo took around 5 minutes to tattoo so in the same session we did the usagi writing on my left hand, another 2 minute job haha. A few months later I had the alice wrist tattoo and the wolf writing in one sesh as well. I had it the night before my 2 friends had tattoos as well. I forgot to mention my stepdad is a professional tattooist and I trust no other with a needle and ink! I'll leave a link to his shop  below. Alice in wonderland and the concept of the story has been my favourite since I was a child, its my moms favourite too which I think is so lovely, and the madness concepts I've felt I could relate to. I know I'm not insane I have no brain issues etc but I've still never felt 'normal' or one to fit in, I do my own thing and if people like it AWESOME if not then fuck off tbh. Life is short and I have no time to waste on arseholes. I get called mad and insane often but I'm not I just have abnormal tendencies that people don't understand / like and try and label it. Anyways. The game touched something in me after a long time of feeling like I wasn't the person I was, wanted to be and it helped me mentally weirdly  enough. Reunited me with parts I'd locked away to be accepted in different ways. I had friends and family comment about how I seemed happier, because I no longer felt that one flurry of shame and hate I'd experienced in my life. AND IT FEELS GOOD! Other factors helped but at the end of the day only you can change yourself or help yourself :) this tattoo was thought of for years in all honesty.
The hand tattoos I'd been thinking about for about 4 months before getting the first, slightly more of a whim tattoo but I have to say its gotta be my favourite tattoos , so simple but so noticeable and warrant so many questions. I have adored Japanese culture for a good 13 years if not longer its a part of me, visiting Japan is on my bucket list! Sometimes a whim is a good idea!

Now onto the 2 tattoos I WANT to get;

The witcher tattoo may seem such a stupid idea to people but 1. There is nothing wrong with game related tattoos, gaming is a way of life, artists are respected so why can't gamers be? Both are hobbies and both can take you into jobs and careers... Besides witcher had a much more significant anchor to my personality than just my favourite all time game. The witcher 2 rekindled something I hadn't realised we were losing with my other half which made pathways for other growths etc and gave us something to 'bond' over. Witcher 3 has been like I have found another part of me, something I never realised I was missing. I wear my wolf school pendant practically daily I sometimes sleep holding the pendant... It was the main thing that helped me get through my nans dying and death, its like another home to me the witcher world. Geralt an uncle and ciri a sister. She's also a woman crush but you know. I will pay tribute in the best way I can think, immortalised on my skin for the rest of my life. And I know people are like well what if you change your mind, it may not be my favourite game forever but its meaning and what makes it special to me will never go away or change... I won't regret it... The witcher tattoo I want is of the signs. Signs in the witcher is basically the witchers magic summed up really. You have Yrden, Quen, Igni, Aard and Axii, they all have different abilities for example igni is a blast of fire and quen is a shield a witcher uses in battle. you cast the signs and the effects are immediate for a certain time. As ive been advised the pendant itself wouldnt look very good, and tbh from other peoples tattoos i've seen i agree, which im hopefully gonna design before the end of the week to give to my stepdad as were going to work on some filler around the signs :)


Moving onto the second tattoo i wanna get, the 2 roses are basically a symbol for my mom and nan, a tribute if you'd like. I dont think that needs much more explaining really now does it? Roses because my mom has a tattoo of a rose on her ankle and my nan loved roses, white for nan as that was her favourite colour rose, red for mom as thats what her rose is. Simples right? xD

There are alot more tattoo ideas i have but theyre are subject to change or go away so as it stands thats all the tattoos and thoughts i have for now :)

Thank you for reading! Please comment below with your tattoos or your tattoos themes and what you think of mine! Hopefully hear off you all soon :D Have a good hump day <3

<3 Embunny

No comments:

Post a Comment