Welcome


Monday 22 February 2016

Hair Timeline

Hey Everybunny!

Right so this is so so so much later than I meant it to be! Basically I had to sort through my PC pictures folder and when you have like 8000 loose images you kinda take your time sorting it out xD I've also made this into a YouTube video which I'll link below but I know some people prefer looking at pics with no damn talking and delays haha so enjoy!

YouTube Video -- > https://youtu.be/c-QBQ7JPzxk

So let’s start right at the very beginning. this is my hair not long after i was born and had learned to crawl. As you can see it was VERY blonde xD quiet surprising for myself i must say!


Then a few years older still a blonde colour


Now my toddler hair STARTED to become more brown but still very blonde!


Right, now, heres where the brown really kicked in! This is me around the first year or two i think of primary school (not too sure)


And this is when i left primary so before i went into high school, very brown now!


Here we have me a year or 2 i think before leaving high school, i had blonde 'highlights' put in my hair, pretty much takes over tbh xD and ill be honest i think it does look kinda nice but at the same time i just could get on with it and probably dyed it a slightly darker brown to my natural shade not too long after haha!


This is me 'all grown up' for my leavers photo, still brown here but as you can see its very very brown now! I had dyed my hair a couple of times a similar shade to my natural (just a little bit darker) so my face wasnt as pale)


And now we have PROM! I had dyed my hair red all over a few weeks before i think had left school by then and it was like a month before prom i believe? A week AFTER exam results? I was originally gonna have red highlights and my stepdad was like FUCK IT do it all over! So i did xD and i loved it :) This is in 2009!


Heres 2 photos of my hair when it had faded to a more gingery/copper tone and i have to say i really love the copper tones! I feel like i have always suited the more reddy tones with my complexion (well when i was younger anyways) and this was in april 2011! I lost the few images i had of myself in the 2 year gap but i was always xxl red passion red!

















Heres a VERY bright image if my hair in red in June 2011. was at a sleepover that weekend so i dyed it especially xD this is when it was at its most 'vibrant' i believe! And the second image is of it in August after being brightened and the third is in October which is the last photo before i let the red fade as much as possible for the first change in hair colour in nearly 3 years!




Now for the last photo of 2011, i had gotten bored of the red, im pretty sure i used a colour b4 to strip the tones out and i went the colour of a pumpkin xD then i had my hair dyed dark brown and had 2 strips of purple put through my hair (as you all know i ADORE the colour purple <3)


And as you can see around a month later the purple has completely washed out (i had pastelised it with conditioner so no wonder) and the red is showing through the brown to make it a 'mahogany' shade :) So this is now the last week of January 2012 :)


Now in March of 2012 i had gotten bored of the fact it had turned reddy brown and redyed it brown again, may have redyed it the month before but i have no photos so were going under the assumption i NOW have brown hair by this point xD and as you can see in the first image it was a proper brown about a medium level shade. Now in the second photo under it  you can see the brown starting to fade again into the mahogany shade but ive re-added my purple strips around my face (i really missed them!) and in the third photo you can see i have redone the brown to make it darker still with those purple strips :)




Right onto April 2012, not much to say really here but the mahogany look is coming back theres a chance i had actually dyed my hair a mahogany shade by this point, so brown with a touch of red, and the purple is just about holding on there! xD


Right, now this is June 2012 and i KNOW for a fact i tried a lighter more reddy mahogany brown here (the idea of having the best of both worlds, brunette and red head) and it went REALLY light. like not at all like on the box xD I hated the colour so much that a few days later i think later i redyed it a darker mahogany because i just couldnt handle the shade. like be red red or normal mahogany dont try and be a weird in-between xD (on myself anyways) (Image 2). Then on the third image you can see i have redyed my hair again in the last week of the month and i decided to just go full on brown again and well. went darker than expected less just say that xD it IS brown i swear its not black xD




Now August 2012 as you can see my hairs lightened from the dark almost black brown and i did try and keep it that shade as apposed to going darker again xD


Then in October of 2012 i decided to go mahogany again xD just cant seem to give up that red appearance xD


Heres November 2012, still keeping the reddy brown mahogany vibe :)


Here we have December of 2012 and the purple has made a reappearance xD


2013 Jan i kept the purple tips but i added more brown back into my hair :) (special appearance from my other half)


March 2013, this was the year and month i was about to embark on my more extreme do it myself hair adventures. a day before Birmingham comic con for my white rabbit cosplay i wanted to add blue tips to my hair. as you can see in the first image it was quiet patchy (never fold you tinfoil boys and girls always lather the dye up thick and roll or scrunch!) and as you can see in the second image about a week later i redid the blue and it is MUCH better and i think it looks REALLY good especially with the brown hair :)


















April 2013 i just kept the blue and experimented with brands to see what would last longer and better :)


In may 2013 i was getting bored of redying my hair almost as often as i washed it (the blue anyways) so i left it to wash out and luckily for me it DID wash out back to blonde and now i have this LOVELY ombre effect to the ends of my hair :)


June 2013 i had a full on new hair style a sideways full fringe and i thought id redye my hair and blue for the occasion (i was going on a night out the morning i had all this done).


Right going swifty into August of 2013 as you can see the fringe has grown out ALOT have to say probably my favourite hair style ive ever had but not quiet sure i could pull it off nowadays haha xD as you can see the blue is almost all washed out its very murky bluey greeny tinged in this photo :)


Right the next image is in September 2013, right at the start of the month and this is my favorite image of me of all time when all my hairs grown back out to natural and long and i get fed up of having the natural light brown this is the next plan 100000%!!!!!!!


Now, at the end of the month (September 2013) i had EGX my first gaming convention and i wanted to cosplay as spyro so i did what any normal person would, i went to the hairdresser had her lighten my hair and dye it purple the day before the convention xD So this is the first time i went purple :)


October 2013 i redid the purple in my hair for my moms wedding and it looks lighter than when i originally had it done the month before :)


November 2013 i tried to let it wash out completely to see the shade it would go and it went this really lovely purply silver shade. no stupid blue in sight!

















And in December more fade and its turning a more grey/silver purple now :)


Right! Now were into 2014! This is the first hair photo of January and as you can see its turning a weird browny silvery purple in which i didnt like, lets be honest here its pretty rank xD didnt quiet go the silver lilac i wanted!


Later in the month of january i tried colour b4ing my purple which didnt do a fat lot to it so i just put the light brown straight over the top and this was the result :) sadly the brown reacted weirdly with the dye and left pale greeny patches on the back of my head so i put another of the same shade on top and it went a darker brown which broke my heart as was loving the light brown! You can see this in the second photo :)



Feb 2014 i had a side fringe cut back in and dyed my hair a darker brown again!


Now in May 2014 my hair had washed out and lightened to a really nice medium brown shade as seen in the first image :) but as you can see in the second image didnt last long xD i had been a medium brown for around 2 months and missed my full side fringe :) sadly this time the hair dresser cut it into a curved full fringe so it didnt look as amazing as the last one, just more kawaii than anything xD and i had it relightened and turned purple again which you cant see very well at all but i hated the fringe so much i took very few photos xD :)



June 2014 my colour had faded a little since my initial appointment but had only lightened which i was happy about :) and in the 2 images afterwards you can see how the purple faded over the next couple of weeks! They used a plum purple this time instead of a standard purple like they originally used!




July 2014 started off with the rank faded hair colour xD and here myself and my friend are meeting with nice peter in the first image after seeing him in England for the first time! And i got on stage and rap battled with him xD


Now near the end of July i was going to comic con in Manchester for the first time and i just wanted rid of the crappy plum rubbish they gave me, plus i hate the blue fade if i wanted blue hair i would have dyed my hair blue xD so my friend abi bleach bathed it about 2/3 times and this was the result :)


Now at the start of august 2014 i got sick of the weird 2 tone very quickly so i bleach bathed and bleached my hair again and finally got it back to a blonde! i also used toner in it as well and as you can see it is fried to utter fuck! never do that kids! never! Damn i look sickly in the second image!



Now in September of 2014 i had decided for the gaming convention at the end of the month i wanted to cosplay as a character that had purple hair which would mean i could use the PROPER purple shade id wanted to get back so desperately which in my mind still turned a lilac silver and didnt turn blue in fading. But that was at the end of the month and i really wanted to experiment with colour so i decided to half purple and half blonde, accidentally had a turquoise line on my parting where the 2 colours accidentally mixed xD and i used a blonde dye on the blonde to make it a more natural blonde shade and ended up pearlising it in colour and so much hair came out, that was it my hair had reached its limit and was ridiculously damaged... But look how pretty!























Then at my convention at the end of September i of course went the full purple :) this is when i decided to allow my roots to grow out to grow all of my natural hair out :)


October 2014 i kept the purple from fading and kept refreshing it bar the last week of the month :) as i went to several events that month :) (below first is on the way to runefest and the second is seeing gaga for the second time in concert for her artpop ball, this is when i started letting the purple fade more, the third was when i saw black stone cherry live and the fourth was seeing noel fielding live also this was my halloween costume xD)





November 2014 i was letting the purple fade for documentation on the brand, so its going a silvery blue on the ends and lighter purple on the top.


December 2014 was at the most faded i let the purple go as you can see it has turned very blue but in a quiet nice and unique style i believe.



Rightio, now onto 2015! So january 2015 as you can see the fade has gotten so bad my hair basically is now fully light blue xD god i never realised i let it get so bad xD in the second photo as you can see i went full purple again soon after the first image at the start of the month :)



February 2015 here are some more fade photos of my purple xD i let it fade often as i was lazy xD



















Now at the end of the first week of feb i had booked an appointment with a hairdresser for the second week of feb in Manchester (where i was meeting up with a friend) to lop off my hair to around shoulder height as it was SO damaged so i decided to rid my hair of the purple and go brown so in the first 2 images youll see my hair lightened after one use of scott cornwall decolour stripper (heres a link to the video i made about it --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf4CAvoOffM) there is still a tiny bit of blue tinge on one side as i ran out of the remover, but i had long hair! (note the third image is just to show you how long my roots had gotten since septmeber! Thats right theyre still growing!) In the fourth image you will see the light brown i dyed my hair to a few days after :)





AND HERE IT IS FOLKS MY HAIR CUT SHORT AFTER A GOOD 10 YEARS GROWING IT OUT AND HAVING IT LONG AS POSSIBLE! So second week of Feb 2015 still :) as you can see the light brown i put in is fading out MEGA quickly its basically a light brown tinge to my blondy hair :) look how much healthier it already looks <3 it stayed this shade just gradually growing in length to around the first week of may as shown in the second, third and fourth images :)





Second week of May 2015 i decided to change the colour of my light brown growing out hair to purple again as i was missing it so much!


So by June 2015 the purple had faded ofc to blue! Which you can see in the first image! Nearer to the end of the month i decided that so many poeople were telling me to go back red again over the past year if not longer i went for it and went full red again after 4 years :)



Now July 2015 i stayed full red till near the end of September 2015 as shown below.



In September 2015 i decided to be creative so while i was very sick and at a gaming festival all weekend i dyed under my fringe, framing my face and a middle section running from ear tip to ear tip around the back of my head in black also! And it stayed that way until the end of October when i just couldnt keep the maintenance up for it!



So in the last week of October 2015 i thought itd be a good idea to colour remove the black downwards of colour which turned a light browny shade and looked very good for what it was, i then recoloured my red and colour stripped the black from around my fringe to make it full blonde and a small section of the underside of the back of my hair so i could add turquoise into it! Id never had turquoise in my hair before and thought this was going to be a good idea? Sadly i fucked the red dye up and incredibly damaged my hair </3 So in the first image is when the blonde and red was all redone and fresh! And in the second image is what my hair looked like after i went to the hairdressers to get them to cut the dead crap out a few days later. The third image is of what the layer of my hair looked like with the turquoise in and the fourth is of the hair overall, safe to say it didnt bloody go fully turquoise and i hated and regretted it instantly xD





November 2015 was when i had let my hair relax and heal a bit and then i removed the turqoiuse and refreshed the roots on my red and blonde to make my 'fire' hair. The natural and previously lightened hair that i had started growing out over a year ago was just past my ears so it went from deep red on roots to ears and then below it went light orange red. which recreated the fire look really well in my opinion :) One of my fav colours so heres a few photos.







In December 2015 i tried adding some orange into the length of my hair to make that change more obvious and gradual than the general lightning at the tips effect i had already, but sadly after having my hair cut and the hairdresser taking too much off (you can see in image one) and the effect of the orange (image 2) i tried putting in afterwards it just looked awful and realized that even though i can still pull off red it has to be longer than shoulder to medium length hair for me to pull it off.



In January 2016 i decided to colour remover my weird red/orange hair and as you can see in the following images i colour removed it and got all the blonde parts back id ever lightened and the natural roots had kinda gone to a bizarre gingery look. Sadly i was never getting the natural growth id spent over a year growing out </3

                 



So the last week of January 2016 i decided that after the stupid mistake of listening to what others thought was best for me was ultimately my downfall and i was going to have to start all over again in the quest for a full head of natural coloured hair! So in the meantime i decided to use a blonde lightning dye (which did nothing expect make my hair feel like shit) and then a decolour stripper to remove as much red ginger as possible (still a little patchy now though sadly) and image 1 is the result. I Kid you not i used 5 deep treatment hair masks after doing the colour strip and  used 5 products for when drying (natural or dryer) and my hair genuinely feels so good after so thats 11 products i used! I still have to use the drying ones as my length feels like shit. Cant afford to see a hairdresser till april though so hopefully it restores its self enough that i dont need it cut off to my ears!). I decided that if ill be growing all my natural hair back out that the super damaged hair should be a colour im happy to be! I was going to dye it a brown very similar to my natural colour and in hindsight i kinda wish i had, instead i went purple again with a whole new brand of dye and i do really love the colour i just miss being a brunette so much :) we'll see in time but for now image 2 is of my purple hair when it was done :)



Right so just over a week into Feb 2016 i had washed my hair at least 4/5 times normally with my damage shampoo and conditioner and my bedhead hair mask and this is the shade it had turned! Its a pink based purple which is why i was happy to go purple again never going a blue based purple again in my life! So hardly any fade!


Its currently the 18th of February 2016 as i write this and this is a picture of my hair from the previous weekend which has now been washed a good 10 times around about. As you can see the pink is coming out ALOT but i dont mind, interested to see where the fade takes me :)


So guys. That is my current up to date images i have and written info about my hair since birth but messing with my hair since 2009! 8 years of colours that arent normal! How crazy is that!

This blog, i kid you not, has taken around 10-12 hours to do, i had to sort through over 6,000 loose images on my pc to get all the hairs there and then there was finding them all putting them in order cross referencing them all with facebook and twitter and instagram, ive never put more effort into something in such a long time! I really hope you enjoyed it and payed attention, and that i didnt bore you! If you have any colour, colouring, products or review queries please leave in the comments below and lemme know which was your favourite colour and style and what your currents are too! I LOVE hair haha I've become obsessed!

Speak soon!

Embunny <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Really cool post. In my opinion you look better with dark collors, dont know why. :)

    ReplyDelete